Wednesday 29 January 2014

The Boardman Story

So two weeks ago this happened to the Boardman. (Henry, he has a name)  :

So what happened? I was trackstanding (yeah I know) at a set of lights, set off and then next thing I know I'm on the floor...

As I lay on the floor, very confused, a HGV driving towards me , the wheels at eye level, I thought I really should move. NOW!

Picked myself up and stood at the side of the road assessing the damage, this was not something I could fix at the side of the road.

Fortunately the office was only a mile away, so I walked back and collected my spare bike.

Now that shouldn't have happened obviously, and many people shared their opinion on how and why. In short nobody really knew... A picture was then tweeted to Halfords and Boardman, the next morning Halfords DMd me asking for more info.

I sent them my details, missed their call, but finally managed to speak with somebody last Thursday. Anyway, they are looking into the issue, and quality control and warranty will be in touch. 

No news yet from Halfords though...

More damage shots:







No comments:

Post a Comment