Wednesday 18 December 2013

The Intro

This blog will aim to cover my training, riding and racing, both Road and Mountain Bike through 2014.

So where to start...

A bit about me I guess? I'm 25, live in North London, and work as a Surveyor to fund everything bike related. I ride for London Phoenix and commute by bike (a distance of 10 miles each way) however often add a few Regents Park laps in...

I've been riding a mountain bike since forever, and racing endurance 12 & 24hr mountain bike races for the past 4 years, when I decided to start taking things a little more serious. This obviously meant I bought a road bike in 2010. A Trek of some sort with a tripple. This was sold, and January 2011 saw me acquire a Giant TCR Alliance Zero, my current race bike.

Bikes:
Giant TCR Alliance Zero
Boardman SC Comp SS - Running a stupid 49:16 gear
Giant XTC 1 29er - MTB
Giant XTC Composite - SS

2013 has been a good year:
Jan - March
Club rides, solo rides, cold hands, wet feet and a few Regents Park laps.

April:
I started racing in April as standard Cat 4 race fodder, competed in a number of races at Hillingdon, and managed a few top 10 places, however you couldn't get vital points in this series...

May:
Crystal Palace Crit time. A series of races around Crystal Palace park where points were awarded for top 10. This was a technical course, but quick and great fun, 2 top 10 places were achieved.

June:
I won a race at Cyclopark in Kent and moved upto Cat 3. Also rode Mountain Mayhem 24hr MTB race finished 7th in a team, next year i'm going Solo.

July:
This month was taken up with continental riding, namely Le Etape Du Tour, Le Marmotte and riding from London to Paris to watch the finish of the tour.

August:
Back to Palace racing, 1 rubbish race, 1 cancelled race and 1 race where I sat on the front the WHOLE time, managed 6th.

September - December:
Solo riding, riding with Lucinda, cold feet, cold hands, Hertforshire loops, Chiltern Loops, many many Regents Park laps.

So end of the year and time to refelct.
I've done quite a few miles, to date,12,746 miles over 751 hours and 48 minutes. Will be hitting that magic 13,000 by 31st December, whilst this has been great, i'm knackered. I intend to do things a little different next year, and set a few goals. More of which to come.

External links:
Strava Profile: http://www.strava.com/athletes/144057
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WillBeresford1
Instagram: http://instagram.com/willberesford


No comments:

Post a Comment